What are the most common menopausal symptoms?
Updated: Jul 22, 2019
Below are a few of the most common symptoms women experience, but please note that everyone's experience is unique.
1. Mood changes these can feel like a warm flush or surge that begins in the face or neck and moves down the body, and the discomfort level can vary from person to person.
2. Vaginal dryness: this is another common symptom women entering menopause experience. This can cause painful intercourse, as the vaginal walls become thinner and less elastic from the loss of estrogen in the body.
3. Mood changes: these mood swings can be described as feeling irritated, sad, anxious, discontent and / or angry.
4. UTIs: There's an increased chance of more frequent urinary track infections or urinary incontinence due to estrogen decline, which thins the lining of the urinary tract.
5. Loss of urine control: this may weaken when you cough, sneeze, or laugh and it can only be treated with Kegel exercises and pelvic floor therapy. in some cases, we need to evaluate the symptom further.
There is GOOD NEWS! There are numerous hormonal, holistic, vaginal lasers, over-the-counter and / or medical therapies to you through your menopausal journey.